Upper Albert Rd, Central
Government House was formerly the office and residence of previous Governors of Hong Kong. Construction began in 1851 and took four years to complete. It was originally built in the Georgian style and bore rich colonial characteristics. It underwent a number of large-scale renovations, with the latest undertaken in 1942, during the Japanese occupation, by Japanese engineer Siechi Fujimura, who designed a dominant central tower to link the two original buildings.
No reviews found. Be the first to review this place.